Baltibrew is a Baltimore City based beer/brew club begun in July of 2009. The club’s overall goals span the enjoyment of beer and other fermented beverages, educating members about beer and brewing, and most importantly, having a good time, all within the city limits.
The focus is on education, so it doesn’t matter if you don’t know the difference between a wheat beer and an I.P.A. We don’t laugh, and we don’t judge. We strive to be as inclusive as possible, while supporting the expansion of the club’s diversity whenever possible.
We meet the third thursday of every month at Nepenthe Homebrew at 8 p.m. (hope to see you there, bring a chair).
A few bylaws have sprung up over the course of the club’s history, but in general, they’re fairly common sense.
- Membership does not require payment of dues; however, dues-paying members are given amongst other things:
- The right to vote on club business
- The right to take home club-brewed wort
- The right to rent club-owned brew kits
- A 10% discount at participating Guild member homebrew shops
- Dues are $20 per year for individuals, $35 per year for couples
- Dues payments will be prorated to $10 if members join after June 1st. There is no incremental prorating of dues after June 1st
- There are three elected positions:
- Secretary — Records meeting proceedings, posts minutes to the website, manages club email list, and can be re-elected
- Treasurer — Managed club funds, collects dues, manages member status in conjunction with the Secretary, and can be re-elected
- Guild Rep — Attends Guild meetings, manages club interaction with the Guild, fosters member participation in Guild activities, and cannot be re-elected
- “Senior brewers” will act in an advisory capacity to the club, but there is no elected “leader”
- All meetings are to be held within Baltimore City Limits, other events — such as brews — can be held elsewhere
- A meeting should be held once a month, with brews generally held every other month
- Meetings and brews should be held in locations that are considerate of public transit
- Club brewed beers should be vegetarian, if not vegan whenever possible
- In general, club votes will be held online
We hope you will consider joining us and helping establish our club within the baltimore beer scene. We can be contacted HERE for more information. Cheers!